8 Lb Axe Eye Splitting Maul
- 8# axe-eye style splitting maul with a 36" American hickory handle.
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Heat treatment of bit end produces fine grain structure and Rc 45-50 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- Striking face is intended for driving steel wedges (Council # 5W) that are used in conjunction with splitting logs.
- 36" hickory handle is kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond.