6 Lb Sledge Eye Splitting Maul with Fiberglass handle
- 6# sledge-eye style splitting maul with a 34" American made fiberglass handle.
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Heat treatment of bit end produces fine grain structure and Rc 45-50 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- Striking face is intended for driving steel wedges (Council Tools#5W) that are used in conjunction with splitting logs.
- 34" American-made fiberglass handle, jacketed style. (Polymer is injection molded around fiberglass pultrusion, similar to traditional wooden shape.)
- Handle is epoxy bonded to bare metal eye, creating an extremely strong chemical and mechanical bond.