6 Lb Pickhead Axe w/ Fiberglass handle
6.0# Pickhead fireman's Axe with a 34 1/2" _ fiberglass handle. Traditional pickhead style. Cutting bit on one end and a pick designed to penetrate on the other. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, forcible entry, door stop, ect. Cutting edge is approximately 5" _ in overall length.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Body fully polished, hand sharpened, tapered cutting edge and pick.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least 1/2 inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tools Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Body coated with fire engine red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 34 1/2" yellow clad style fiberglass handle. Traditional single bit shape. Construction is a pultruded structural fiberglass core with an injection molded jacket acting as an exterior body. The jacket is tough, durable engineered polymer. Extremely strong, non-conductive and non-corrosive.
- Axe head is joined to the handle with a strong resilient epoxy, forming a chemical and mechanical bond. The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.