- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA. Tapered pick end is hand sharpened by experienced hands.
- Heat treated working end produces fine grain structure and Rc 45-55(Rockwell Hardness Values) for safety, edge holding and toughness.
- Body coated with red enamel to deter rust.
- 36" American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight, and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
- The assembled tool is drilled and a steel bolt inserted to lock head, handle and wedge together.
Customer comments about the 150:
The Council Hookaroon is one of the most useful tools for moving logs and firewood that I have ever found; in conjunction with a cant hook or peavey and log tongs for skidding the modern woodman has all the hand tools he needs to handle large trees. If left only one hand tool besides an axe, choose the Council Hookeroon.